….Try saying that when you’ve had a drink
Why not try a good old fashioned ‘Toad in the hole’ this Sunday? Its so easy….you could even get the kids to make it while you put your feet up and contemplate your navel.
Here is a ‘Toad in the hole’ my step-daughter rustled up earlier.
- 225g Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 4 Eggs
- 300ml Milk
- 12 sausages (ordinarily you would use 8 but we are greedy…so the philosophy is…as many as you can fit in the dish)
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil.
- Salt and Pepper
- A large gin and tonic
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees/Gas mark 6
- Pour the oil into the bottom of the dish and make sure the bottom is well lubricated….ooh I say
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes
- While the bangers are baking, whisk together the flour, eggs and half the milk until smooth, then start to mix in the rest of the milk, add the dijon mustard and season with a good pinch of salt and black pepper
5. Remove the sausages from the oven and ladle the batter over them (make sure they are not completely covered, otherwise you’ll have a soggy ‘hole.)
6.Bake for 35 Minutes until the centre has raised and gone brown
7. Serve with vegetables, mash potato and onion gravy (don’t be pratting about with making your own gravy….nothing wrong with bisto gravy granules.)
8. Now stuff your face….and leave the washing up for ‘mañana’ Then get on the gin.
For Proper recipes please see fellow blogger: Call me Trav